Orbea Occam H30 Mountain Bike 2022 - Anthracite
Do your friends ask if you intend to ride the chairlift when you invite them out for a ‘few’ park laps? Do your top routes frequently involve pushing up and down trails that aren’t on any map? Do your favorite rides begin or end with headlamps, an ice chest and great friends? Does your bike have to do everything well to get you there and back again? If you think you might be this rider, then Occam should be your bike.
- 140MM TRAVEL WITH 140MM/150MM FORK OPTIONS (from Orbea)
- Modern trail bikes are used for an impressive variety of rides. Some riders use them to climb thousands of metres on huge rides, others weave in and out of bike parks and jumps during their daily adventures.
- Occam is available with either a 140mm Fox 34 or 150mm Fox 36 so that you can ride the way you like.
- SLACKER HEAD ANGLE - Greater stability
- LOWER BOTTOM BRACKET - Corners naturally
- LONGER WHEELBASE - Stability at high speeds
- STEEP SEAT ANGLE - Proper pedalling position
- SHORT SEAT TUBE - For longe dropper posts
Asymmetry & Strength:
- The right side support strenghtens and stiffens a high-stress area. Instead of using a less efiicient 'shock tunnel', Occam design offsets the shock to the left side of the frame. allowing the assymetrical support to follow a more direct path.
- Straight line that closely follows the shock mounting is the most efficient way to neutralise suspension forces on the front triangle.
Asymmetry - Ergonomics & Balance:
- The assymetric/offset design offers unique advantages beyond stiffness and low weight. The shock is mounted in a position offers incredibly easy access to damper controls and the tidy design leaves room for a bottle with easy left-side access.
- Orbea Occam Hydro triple butted aluminium frame
- Marzocchi Bomber Z2 140 QR15x110
- Fox Float DPS Performance 3-Position Evol rear shock
- Shimano Deore 1x12 drivetrain components
- Shimano MT201 hydraulic disc brakes
|Frame||Orbea Occam Hydro High Polished 2020 Triple Butted 140mm travel 29"-Boost 12x148|
|Fork||Marzocchi Bomber Z2 140 QR15x110|
|Rear Shock||Fox Float DPS Performance 3-Position Evol custom tune 210x50mm|
|Shifters||Shimano Deore M6100|
|Derailleur (Rear)||Shimano Deore M6100 SGS Shadow Plus|
|Brakes||Shimano MT201 Hydraulic Disc|
|Crankset||OC1 Alloy forged Boost 32t|
|Cassette||Sun Race 11-51t 12-Speed|
|Rims||Orbea OC1 29c Tubeless Ready|
|Handlebar||OC1 35mm 12mm Rise 780mm|
|Stem||OC1 3D Forged 35mm interface 7º|
|Headset||FSA 1-1/8 - 1-1/2" Integrated|
|Saddle||Fizik Taiga S-alloy rail|
|Seatpost||OC MC20 Mountain Control Dropper, 31,6mm & OC Horizontal Lever|
|Pedal||Pedals not included with this bike but can be purchase separately here|
|Wheel Size||29 inch|
|Number of Gears||12|
Ready to rideEvery bike from Start Fitness is fully checked & assembled before despatch and will arrive, almost, ready to ride. Each bike is assembled by one of our CyTech accredited mechanics and then packed into one of our custom boxes.
This process has a lead time of 7-10 working days. Unfortunately during peak times this may be slightly delayed. We will however, aim to despatch your bike as quickly as possible. Minimal assembly, with basic tools, is required before you can ride. Assembly tools are not usually included. Please note: Some bikes are not supplied with pedals. Manufacturers don’t know if you want flat or clipless pedals - rather than send the bike with the wrong type, they leave the choice for you to make.
Making sure you are homeOnce fully checked and boxed, we will contact you to book a delivery date. Our bikes are despatched on a next working day service (excludes weekends & bank holidays) for UK mainland orders, or a two day service to Northern Ireland and outlying Scottish areas. European bike deliveries usually take approximately one week.
Taking DeliveryAny mechanical or cosmetic issues need to be reported to us within one week of the delivery date. If you do not plan on using the bike straight away, we advise that you remove it from the box and check it over ASAP as we cannot be responsible for any reported issues (other than standard warranty issues) later than one week from the date that the bicycle was delivered.
First ServiceAfter a few weeks of riding (we recommend around 6-8 weeks, regardless of how much the bike has been used), a new bike will need a service to make final adjustments and to re-check all nuts and bolts. This is necessary as the bike goes through a ‘bedding in’ phase, after which, final adjustment may be necessary. We recommend that this is carried out by a CyTech qualified mechanic.
It is important to have these checks carried out to prevent any avoidable problems which may not be covered by warranty and to ensure the smooth running of your bicycle. If you’re local to us, we’re able to offer this first service free of charge* at our Newcastle store (NE1 6JE). You’ll just need to call our workshop on 0191 917 3825 to book your service in, and don’t forget to bring your proof of purchase when you drop the bike off with us.
If you’ve had the bike delivered, it will be your responsibility to ensure a first service is carried out at a trusted bike shop local to you, preferably by a Cytech certified mechanic. Start Fitness are unfortunately not able to cover any costs associated with this service if carried out by another store.
*Please note that this complimentary check-over does not include any labour to replace worn parts or to fit new accessories. All bikes should be delivered to us in a clean and serviceable condition, or a £15 cleaning charge will be payable.
Bike ServicingBicycles need to be serviced regularly, as a guideline we would advise on at least one full service per year and/or a standard service twice a year. If the bike is used regularly in adverse conditions, more regular servicing may be required.
Still not sure? Need some advice?
Book a call with one of our experts to get more information on this product.